Friday, January 10, 2020

January 6 - 10

Dear Families,

This week we read One Word for Kids, based on the work of Jon Gordon: https://getoneword.com/.
Students are challenged to have "one word" that will help them have their best year.  What's your word?






This week we completed our Nonfiction reading unit.  The children chose a topic they read a lot about, and shared an expert fact for a fun hallway display!  Did you know that tigers are the biggest cats in the world?


Meet Mr. Lee!

My name is Casey Lee (Mr. Lee) and I am Student Teaching in Mrs. Ransom's 2nd grade classroom this spring.  I am originally from New Hampshire but have lived in Vermont for the past 13 years.  I live in Shelburne with my wife, 13 year old stepson and our Goldendoodle.  I am a Master's of Arts in Teaching student at St. Michael's College and have a concentration in Elementary Education. I will be graduating in May and will be looking to teach in my own classroom in the fall.  I have spent the last 10+ years working for the Howard Center in a variety of capacities.  I am also actively involved in organizing and coaching youth sports in Shelburne.  I have enjoyed the time I have spent teaching your children so far, and look forward to spending every school day with them until April break. 


Other Things to Ask Your Child About:
~Fact Strategy game
~Flat Stanley
~ABC & Question & Answer books in Writing Workshop
~Breaking words into parts between two consonants in the middle

Next week we begin the winter creative arts schedule.  Hopefully we will get more snow!  The children will be going outside on Thursdays for an hour of cross country skiing.  Please make sure they have winter gear every Thursday.

Have a great weekend,
Katie & Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment